At A Step Ahead Preschool & Childcare, our primary goal is to help your child enjoy learning. We provide an environment to enhance growth for the whole child. Children learn by actively exploring, discovering, observing and interacting with one another. Our students are encouraged to express themselves through art, music, movement, writing and language. We are a developmentally appropriate program and will provide your child with many opportunities to learn and grow!
All of our lead teachers hold Bachelors of Arts degrees in Education and have had the pleasure of serving Treasure Valley families since 1998. The return rate of both our staff members and local families is a testament to the success of our program.
Kindergarten Readiness Skills
Below is a sampling of the curriculum we cover:
- Name recognition and writing
- Building verbal skills (sharing, songs, etc.)
- Social Skills including listening, following instructions, getting along with others, etc.
- Color and shape recognition
- Counting, recognizing and writing numbers
- Fine Motor Skills (cutting, writing, tracing, painting, etc.)
- Beginning phonics (sounding out words, recognizing sight words)
- Simple math (graphing, sorting, patterns, addition, etc.)
Please contact us for a full list of curriculum topics.
Learn More or Register
Give us a call at
(208) 473-2420 for more information or to schedule a tour.
You can also:
Preschool Class Schedule
AM Class: 9:00am – 11:30am
- Drop Off: 8:50am – 9:00am
- Pick Up: 11:30am – 11:40am
- Morning classes available for children ages 2 – 4
PM Class: 12:30pm – 3:00pm
- Drop Off: 12:20pm – 12:30pm
- Pick Up: 3:00pm – 3:10pm
- Afternoon classes available for children ages 3 and 4